Thursday, March 29, 2012

Yesterday I had a tasty lunch in the Isaac cafe and then went to downtown Jochiwon with a couple of Korean students, Seulki and Dongyeup. They convinced me to eat a silk worm, which was actually not too bad. Then we went to Baskin Robins and had way too much ice cream. Breakfast this morning was a intresting... The Western option was cereal, salad and what looked like onion rings but turned out to have a mild fishy taste. I'm starting to like salad for breakfast because I know I will probably not eat much of the vegetables they serve for dinner- usually kimchi. I think today I will study Korean and start planning my first couple lessons.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your updates, Jaquie! It's weird to be in a place where everything is confusing and it takes a lot of time an energy to do something basic like find food.

    Sounds like you are coping pretty well. Good luck with planning--have you decided what you are going to cover in class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting with Easter, but I really should start planning what we will do beyong that. I know I want to cover Thanksgiving and Independence day, but I'm not sure what else.

    ReplyDelete