Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Google why?

For some reason, Google assumed that since I have moved to Korea, I must want all of my google pages to be in Korean. I don't speak Korean. It took me half an hour to figure out how to change it back to English. Once that was done I tried to open my blog and it was also changed to Korean. Since they are both on my google account I really don't understand why I had to go through that whole process again. On the bright side, I think I recognize the word "English" in hangul now. It's been a very quiet day, which has mostly been nice, but also makes it harder to stay awake and cope with the jet lag. I had a tour of parts of the campus, but I think I will need a couple more tours, as I still can't remember where anything is. Hopefully when I when I get the courage to go places on my own I won't get lost. In the meantime I spend a lot of time with my wonderful roommates, Mideum and Hyejung.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you made it and are getting settled in. I had the same problem with websites defaulting to Dutch when I came here. If you use the Google Chrome browser, it has a built-in translator, which is quite helpful sometimes. So excited to hear about more of your adventures! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete