Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I met with my mentor teacher today, and will meet with him again on Monday when the other student from WWU arrives. I spent some time in the English cafe in the international building, had a cup of coffee and chatted with some Koreans and other foreigners. I'm getting used to people staring at me. I spent some quiet time in my room this afternoon painting, and then headed down for dinner around 6. I ran into the other foreigners in the cafeteria, they were looking somewhat askance at the food. I didn't get a good look at it, but it was aparently a very strong smelling fish-something. We decided not to eat there. We went to a nearby buffet and bought some food, which was pretty tasty- rice and pork and kimchi and some other things that we weren't certain of. I did try the kimchi. I think it will be some time before I get used to eating that! People don't seem to drink water with their meals here, there is always water by the exit, so they eat and then have a glass of water before they leave. I still getting used to this and have a hard time eating lots of sticky rice with no water. I enjoyed cinnamon tea with my meal tonight, but it was very sweet and stong, so it was not some thing you drink a lot of. I'm getting a little better at doing things on my own now. My roommates have to go to their usual classes, they can't spend all their time with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment