Friday, April 13, 2012

On Wedensday we had a lovely day at the beach in Dae Chon, despite the somewhat cold weather. One thing I'll say against the NW, our beaches sure aren't very pretty. It was nice to see a beach pretty sand, and not the dark grey stuff we have at Birch Bay. We went wading in the cold cold water, collected starfish and shells, and played soccer and dodgeball in the sand. After we were throroughly worn out, tired and hungry, we headed to a little restaurant and ate some of the best seafood I've had in a long while. Mmmm clams, oyesters and mussels! Yesterday evening we had an Easter party for the exchange students and their roommates, and we enjoyed some Western-ish food. Mideum and I left the party a little early so that we could go to chapel. Some of the songs wer familiar, so I was able to sing, although it is odd to be singing in English when everyone around me is singing in Korean.
Today has been quiet, I took a walk to the soccer fields, skyped with my family and did some homework and lesson planning. Unfortunately, as the day has progressed I have felt worse and worse. Being sick is unpleasant, being sick in a foreign country when you have lots of homework is miserable! I'm going to try to finish up a few assignments and then go to bed early early and get as much sleep as possible!

1 comment:

  1. I love your posts! Makes me feel that I too, am in a foreign country! Don´t forget to pray for North Korea tomorrow. Many are praying, because it is the worst country for persecution against Christians. They suspect there are as many as 500,000 Christians in labor camps or prison there. There is much famine there as well. And as many as 10,000 orphans wandering the streets. Thanks, Jackie, again for your postings. Love you, Wendy

    ReplyDelete