Monday, April 9, 2012

I've been neglecting my blog. I've been so busy! I spent the weekend in Seoul with Emily and her roommate Elizabeth at Elizabeth's family's place. We went shopping on Friday and then spent all day Saturday eating and eating and eating. Elizabeth's family showed us how to make kimchi and Korean pancakes, and is was all really delicious. Sunday morning we arrived back in Jochiwon and I walked into the dorm, dropped off my backpack and then turned around and headed to church Mideum. Everyone was given boiled aggs after the service, but there was not a big easter celebration like there is in the States. After church we all went bowling. I did not bowl so well, but my aim has always been a little questionable when it comes to throwing heavy objects! Anyway, it was good to spend some time getting to know my Korean church family.
After bowling we had dinner together and then some very tasty ice cream. Today was a little crazy, as I had to teach my class at 8am. Last night was full of last minute planning and then this morning I had to get up early early. I was so nervous! But everything seemed to go ok. My class subject is American holidays, so today I taught about Easter and we had an Easter egg hunt.
After class I tried to catch up on my Korean language homework and then had a delightful lunch with Emily and her friend Kevin. In the afternoon, we had Korean language class, and then went to home plus where I finally broke down and bought an umbrella and also stocked up on the sorts of food that are hard to find around here like cheese. Then it was back home to do laundry and grade papers.
Wednesday is a holiday here, so hopefully I will get to do something else fun and exciting soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment