Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I have given up on NaNoWriMo for the year. And I don't feel bad about this. I've won four years in a row, and the point of doing it this year was that, despite moving to Korea and all the crazy things in life that came along with that, I had some free time on my hands and wanted to stay as busy as possible. I didn't want to use the fact that I was "settling in" as an excuse to sit around and mope instead of writing. While, I didn't sit around and mope. I wrote over 20,000 words, which is still a considerable amount, and I kept extremely busy when I wasn't writing. I've gone somewhere every weekend in November, from zip-lining to Thanksgiving parties to meeting up with old friends to touring the DMZ. And all of that was in between planning and teaching my students, administering their speaking tests and helping them prepare for their finals. It's been a busy and wonderful month. Even though I'm not going to "win" NaNoWriMo. And to be honest NaNo isn't about a specific number like 50k (which is pretty much an arbitrary number) anyway. It's about accomplishment. And I feel like I've accomplished a lot this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment